Tips to Feel Better during Pregnancy
Though pregnancy is the most cherishable phase there are ups and down’s during pregnancy. Handling the common complaints and keeping oneself at ease is not difficult.
Some tips to help cope:
Nausea and vomiting
- Eat small portions for a meal.
- Avoid spices like green chilly, black pepper etc.
- Avoid oily food.
- Take smaller sips of fluid rather than a glass full of fluid.
- Avoid citric food right on empty stomach.
- Don’t drink too much of water soon after meal. Try to leave a gap of atleast 35 min.
- Use ginger as Ginger ale, ginger tea.
- Practice pranayama regularly with relaxation techniques.
- Eat fibre rich food.
- Drink lot of water.
- Drink 1 glass of warm water at bedtime. If you are highly constipated try adding 1tsp ghee with hot water, 45 minutes before bedtime.
- Add prunes, dates, figs daily.
- Eat 1 banana per day.
- Stay active with light walking and Yoga practices designed for antenatal care.
- Keep the calcium supplements across pregnancy.
- Expose to sunlight especially in the morning.
- Apply Ayurvedic oil before a warm shower.
- Yoga based stretches and back strengthening.
- A hot water bag before retiring to bed.
- Lumbar stretch before retiring for the day.
- Intake of milk in the evening with turmeric can help.
- Apply oil to the body before a warm water shower.
- Diffuse lavender oil or apply diluted portions at bedtime.
- Warm foot bath at bedtime for 15 minutes.
- Perform Bhramari Pranayama.