Janu basti for Knee pain
Knee Pain is one of the commonest pains seen especially after 40years of age. The pain interferes in daily activity including walking. The knee joint is made of bone cartilage ligaments when there is a problem with any of this structure pain is seen. There is a lot of reason for knee pain.
- Injury to ligament: Usually results due to sudden twisting or so.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: RA is an Inflammatory and auto immune disorder. Pain is seen in all joints which include knees as well.
- Osteoarthritis: Mainly occur in old age, due to wear and tear in the joints especially in the weight-bearing joint.
- Injury to Tendon and cartilage.
Janubasti is oiling pooling therapy on the knee joint. Janu means Knee and basti is a container.
- A ring is prepared using urad dal preferably dried in the sun.
- The ring is attached to the knee or both knee joints of the patient; the junction of the ring and skin is sealed with wet flour the oil does not leak.
- Medicated oil prescribed by the doctor specifically for the patient’s condition is poured in the ring. Oil is heated passively
In order to maintain uniform temperature during the procedure cool oil is replaced with warm oil at regular intervals.
- Patients should be asked to avoid vigorous exercise during the course of this treatment.
- Slight massage is done from the Knee joint to feet on the same oil.
- Strengthen the knee Joint and muscles around the joint.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Relieves stiffness.
Article By :
Dr. Shraddha Surathkal
Do It Yourself Knee Pain Relief Kit – https://s10550624.saturnwp.link/knee-pain-kit