Best natural treatment for Gall bladder stones
By Dr.Anitha | Jun 25, 2022
Gall bladder stones: Gall stones are the hard deposited digestive waste or fluids in the gall bladder. It is also named as cholelithiasis. Gall bladder is a pear shape of sac present in the right hypochondrium of abdomen just beneath the liver. The size and number of gall stones may vary from person to person.
The correct cause for gallstones is unknown, but experts mention that followings may lead to gall stones.
- Digestive fluid (bile) may contains high cholesterol or bilirubin
- Improper metabolism
- Gall bladder doesn’t get proper elimination
- Family history of gallstones
- Underlying liver disease
- Stress and emotional disturbance
- Sudden and strong pain in the abdomen, more on right side
- Nausea or vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Pain in shoulder or upper back
- Color of urine changes
- Stomach upset
- Fever or chills
Types of gallstones
- Cholesterol gallstones – Undissolved cholesterol makes the yellow colored stones in gall bladder.
- Pigment gallstones – Increased bilirubin of bile makes the dark colored stones.
- Mixed composition stones.
- Wrong food habits
- Increased intake of fat, cholesterol or animal products
- High triglycerides
- Women after 40 years
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Other metabolic disorders
- Severe abdominal pain
- Shoulder pain
- Back pain
- Chest pain
- Nausea, vomiting
Imaging tests include. MRI, CT Scan, Ultrasound, cholescintigraphy etc.
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Pancreatic cancer
- Gallbladder cancer
- Chole cystitis
- Bileduct strictures or tumors
Management Through Natural therapies
- Heliotherapy or sun bath: Sun bath is one of the best methods to clear the bile retention, gall bladder hypertrophy and poor gallbladder emptying. It also reduces stress and helps in developing positive mental health.
- Hydrotherapy: Gastro hepatic pack including the hot fomentation bag to abdomen and cold compress to back region is the effective method to relieve the pain and influence the function of abdominal organs.
Cold water enema is one of the detoxifying methods which relieves pain and other symptoms.
- Mud bath: Mud is believed to dilute and absorb toxic substances of the body ultimately eliminate them from the body. Studies recommend mud application to influence bile secretion and assimilation of bile stones.
- Fasting & Diet therapy: Fasting for 4-6 days has been shown to reduce the proportion of cholesterol in gall bladder bile. This indicates a possible lipotropic effect of fasting which can be effectively helped in treating gallstones. Fasting also will help in reducing the cholesterol production in the body.Increased intake of high fiber and other vegetables are very good to reduce the formation of gallstones. Dietary fiber also reduces the production of deoxycholic acid and thereby enhances the solubility of cholesterol in bile. Non-vegetarian food and animal products should be avoided to reduce the risk and complications.
- Acupuncture: It is a traditional Chinese method which believes in Qi (energy) circulation. Some of the acupuncture points will help in energizing the Qi and blood circulation to gall bladder and remove the stasis. Acupuncture will also help in managing the abdominal pain.
- Yoga therapy: Regular yoga practice is the one of the best methods to prevent gallstones and to restore the health of gall bladder. Postures like padahastasana, kati chakrasana, paschimottanasana, pawana muktasana, bhujangasana, bow pose(dhanurasana) and other twisting poses will help in improving the blood circulation & function of abdominal organs. Breathing exercises, relaxation techniques and Pranayama will always help in relaxing body, mind and their by reduces stress and depression
- Ayurveda also offers treatment for Gall stones. Polyherbal combinations containing hers such as Katuki, Bhumyamalaki, Pashanabheda are very effective in the treatment of gall stones.They work on the basis of eliminating the excess pitta, reducing the metabolic waste (Ama) and thus providing relief in the signs and symptoms.
Article By :