Auto Immune Disorders
Lower Back Pain
Other Pain Disorders
Naturopathy is an art and science of healthy living and a drugless system of healing. Naturopathy is a science of disease elimination without drugs. It is based on the principles of co-operation with the natural laws of life which are ever working within as well as outside the body. Naturopathy makes use of only the natural sources like water, air, light, heat, exercise, food etc.
In such cases the Nature Cure (Naturopathy) methods of eliminative treatment, such as pure diet, hydrotherapy, massage etc., are valuable means of removing these obstructions and promoting the free circulation of vitality.
Naturopathy focuses relatively more on the whole person than the treatment of isolated disease entities.
Five Elements of Nature
The system adheres to strong belief in non-pharmacological approaches for preserving health and preventing disease.
Few therapies corresponding to each elements are:
- Earth – Mud pack and wrap
- Water – Hydrotherapy
- Air – Breathing techniques
- Fire – Sunbath
- Ether – Fasting
Yoga, working in tandem with Naturopathy, is regarded as the two wheels of a healing cart, a vehicle to an effective Mind-Body medicine.
Vivekananda Naturopathy™ or VN™ provides the best of naturopathic services; our treatments are scientifically evaluated and rendered successfully around the world.
Our Aromatherapy massage is particularly suited to conditions involving stress or emotionally-related conditions. Our special blend of essential oils are the concentrated essences taken from the flowers, fruit, seeds, leaves and bark of certain plants. Aromatherapy massage boosts well-being, relieves stress and helps to refresh your body and provides therapeutic benefits.
Acupuncture also called as needle therapy is commonly used for pain relief. It is developed from the 5000 years old traditional chinese healing system. It balances the vital energy levels known as “Qi” in the body as per the traditional concepts. It has been observed that acupuncture has very beneficial effects on Musculoskeletal, neurological and painful conditions.
Natural diet is a diet containing all the essential elements, which is capable of carrying out all functions of the body and which is in harmony with nature’s law.
Most of the treatments in the system consists of cleansing the system. This is achieved through natural diet.
- Eliminative diet: Function is to eliminate toxins and to purify blood.
- Smoothening diet: For normalization of the body post elimination.
- Constructive diet: Aims at repair and healing of the body in various aspects for maintaining optimal health.
Choosing a diet comprising primarily of plant foods can offer protection against diseases like Heart disease, Cancer, Strokes, Arthritis, as well as to other chronic diseases.
(U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 1988)
Fasting is an important treatment modality for health preservation. It is primarily the act of willingly abstaining from some or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time. The word is derived from the old English WORD, ‘ Feastan’ means to ‘fast’, ‘observe’, ‘be strict’.
In Sanskrit it means ‘Upavasa’ [abstinence from all sensual gratification] .A fast may be total or partial , and may be prolonged or intermittent as to the period of fasting. Mental preparedness is an essential pre-condition. Prolonged fasting should be done only under the supervision of a competent Naturopath.
Intermittent fasting may have some benefits on biological pathways that directly affect metabolism and potentially longevity, even in healthy individuals.(Martin et al., 2015)
Greater weight and fat loss was achieved with intermittent ER. (Byrne 2018)
Heliotherapy is the scientific application of the sun’s rays in the treatment of disease. The living animal absorbs stored-up sun energy in the form of food, which in itself or in its original form, the sun’s rays, excites the living organism to greater activity accompanied by setting free stored-up energy.
The sun treatment also promotes greater respiratory activity which improves the cardiac action and the general circulation. In addition, heliotherapy stimulates the endocrine glands; the metabolism is increased, the appetite is improved and the digestive functions are more normal.
Exposure to the sun has multiple positive effects on androgen deprived prostate cancer patients and severe osteoporosis prevention. (Josip Spanjol et al, 2008)
Hydrotherapy is the external or internal use of water in any of its forms (water, ice, steam) for health promotion or treatment of various diseases with various temperatures, pressure, duration, and site, Treatment with water as the main modality.
Physiological mechanism involves:
- Vasodilation and vasoconstriction (Kellogg, 2009)
- Changes in blood flow and associated metabolic functions
- Thermoregulation (Guyton, 2006)
- Hydrotherapy patients showed significantly greater improvement in joint tenderness and in knee range of movement (women only). At follow up, hydrotherapy patients maintained the improvement in emotional and psychological state. (Jane Hall et al., 1996)
- The balance of high to moderate quality evidence supported benefit from hydrotherapy in pain, function, self-efficacy and affect, joint mobility, strength, and balance, particularly among older adults, subjects with rheumatic conditions and chronic low back pain. (Jenny 2002)
Massage therapy is manually manipulation of soft tissues for enhance of health.
- It accelerates the circulation and draws the blood into the surface.
- Relaxes and opens the pores of the skin.
- Promotes the elimination of morbid matter.
- Massage therapy has recently received empirical support for facilitating growth, reducing pain, increasing alertness, diminishing depression, and enhancing immune function. (Field & Tiffany, 1998)
- Massage has shown to be effective for back pain, where conventional treatment has had limited success. (Daniel et al., 2003)
- There was a significant decrease in anxiety and increase in relaxation which were significantly correlated with increase in NIK cell number following massage. (Gail Ironson et al., 1996)
- Children with asthma have improved pulmonary functions after massage therapy. It appears that daily massage improves airway caliber and control of asthma. (Tiffany Field et al., 1998)
The use of magnets and its properties for therapeutic healing is called magnetotherapy.
- Magnets might change how the cells function (reduced ability to transmit impulses).(McLean et al., 1995)
- Static magnets might increase blood flow. (Martel et al., 2002)
- Weak pulsed electromagnets might affect how nerve cells respond to pain (increase in pain threshold). (Ryczko and Persinger, 2002)
- Pulsed electromagnets might change the brain’s perception of pain (increase in serotonin receptors). (Johnson et al., 2003)
- Magnet therapy in case of abdominal wound worked successfully where other approaches have failed. (Szor JK, Topp R. Ostomy Wound Manage. 1998)
- Significant pain reduction was seen after 24 hours in 54 patients with either chronic back or knee pain. ( Holcomb et al. Environ Med. 1991)
It is a system of treatment in which mud is applied either partially or completely over the body to get the desired therapeutic effect. Mud is one of five elements of nature having immense impact on the body both in health and sickness.
Based on mode of application:
- Direct (on the skin)
- Indirect (as packs)
Supporting Studies :
- Mud therapy effective in OA knees (pain and functional status)- Odabais et al., 2008.
Physiotherapy is a form of treatment carried through the medium of physical forces such as heat, electricity, mechanical pressure and mechanical forces. Thus, in physiotherapy heat, electrical current, water, soft tissue manipulation, and exercises with or without resistance are utilized.
- Manual manipulation: Moving joints and soft tissue helps to improve circulation, drain fluid from the body, and relax overly tight or muscles with spasms.
- Electrical nerve stimulation: Small electrical currents delivered to affected areas helps to suppress and block pain signals to the brain.
- Exercise therapy: Includes therapeutic movements, fundamental and derived positions, posture, gait, gait training and transfer techniques, and different types of equipments used in exercise therapy.
- Ultrasound therapy: Therapy is the use of sound waves to treat medical problems mainly musculoskeletal and inflammation from injury(sprain, tendonitis)
- Demonstration: Teaching proper movement patterns.
- Thermal treatments: to improve circulation and reduce spasm.(wax therapy, infrared therapy)
Studies have been shown:
- Pelvic floor exercise therapy significantly improves the pelvic floor muscle function in subjects with urinary incontinence in women. (Aarthi et al., 2018)
Book Your Appointment
There are 14 acupuncture channels in our body. There is a continuous flow of energy called Qi (pronounced as chi) through these channels which is a similar concept as that of Prana in Ayurveda. The imbalance in this energy causes disease which is corrected by acupuncture. There are about 647 acu-points on the surface. These are pathways of energy.
- Auto immune disorders
- Migraine headaches
- Osteo arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Treatment for Lower back pain
- And other pain disorders